Thursday, October 25, 2012

Good Pain, Bad Pain


Lately bad pain has been keeping me from the good pain I enjoy so much.  Simon has been hurting pretty bad from an old ankle injury that never quite healed right after surgery.  Now that he is on his feet at work all day it has flared up and is making him miserable. 

He went to the Dr. today and she gave him something for the swelling and ordered x-rays.  I hope we can get him some relief. I am off work this week and it has become much more obvious to me how much he is really hurting.  I'm starting to understand why he never wants to play spanko games!  It hurts too much to stand on it and it hurts too much to have me over his lap squirming around and bumping it.

Our new sleigh bed frame arrived today and it raised the bed up so high I think I may need a step stool!  I am worried it will not be ankle-friendly for Simon getting in and out of bed.  I am the one who picked out this bed and I will feel bad if it makes it hard for him.  You know, I just realized... he lets me have whatever I want.  Sometimes I feel like I spoil him too much and he has me wrapped around his finger and it irritates me, but here I am lying on the bed I picked out typing this post.  Interesting.  Maybe I am a little spoiled too!

Saturday I am meeting Simon's parents for the first time.  I am pretty sure they will like me, but it's still a little stressful.  I have started cleaning the house, but I will have to really get a lot done tomorrow.   Gotta make that first impression!

Hopefully, we can get Simon's bad pain under control so he can start dishing out good pain to me again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment