Friday, October 26, 2012

Thoughts on Canes


I was thinking about canes today and I felt like writing about them.  Canes are one of those implements I find everyone has a strong opinion about.  You either love them or hate them.  They can excite the body or inspire fear, but I have never heard anyone say they are ambivalent towards them. 

Personally, I am a huge fan of rattan canes.  I do not like delrin canes at all though.  I find the swish and sting of rattan to be a delicious combination of agony and pleasure that no other implement can replicate.  I know there are a lot of people who have a fear of canes and do not wish to try them.  I never expected I would be a fan, but after the first few times I was hooked.

I wish I could explain how it feels to me and really do it justice. On impact the cane stroke stings, but then it seems to dig in deeper into my bottom and grab hold.  I like my cane strokes nice and slow so I have plenty of time to ride the pain through it's phases.  After that initial sting and bite, there is an emotional buildup inside of me that I have to breathe through as the pain dulls.  After enough repetitions the emotion will bubble over and spill out either in tears or giggles.  The first time I started laughing during a hard spanking I think it freaked Simon out, but the endorphins build up and have to go somewhere! 

Simon likes to count.  Or more specifically likes me to count.  It serves two purposes, it lets him feel toppy and it lets him know when I am ready for the next stroke.  When I growl out the next number between clenched teeth, or sob or giggle it, he knows I am done milking the last one and ready for a fresh wave of pain, pleasure, endorphins, and emotions.  Originally, I was against counting but it has become very useful for us. 

As I mentioned above, I am a rattan fan but I dislike delrin.  I find delrin canes to be much too rigid and the impact feels too deep.  I always say it feels like getting caned with a tree limb when we try to use the delrin.  Simon does not care for it either, he does not like the balance of the delrin cane we have and it just doesn't have the same swish.  I have not tried acrylic but I doubt I would like it much since it is also a hard plastic material.  I find I prefer natural materials like wood, leather and rattan for my implements over plastics.

We became fond of the cane while we were both living in apartments.  It is a quiet implement (as long as I don't yelp too loud) and we prefer to keep the neighbors out of our sex life.  At one time, Simon was able to warm me up only using the cane and did a very good job of it.  We're a little out of practice on that now that we have a house and don't need to be as quiet, but I bet it would come back to us quickly if we tried!

Right now I only own one rattan cane from Cane-iac.  It has lasted an amazing 2 years.  Considering we broke our first 2 within a few short months, this one has really stood the test of time and bottom.  I will be ever so sad when we finally break it over my backside, it has a lot of good memories.  I am hoping Simon will start feeling better soon so we can order a few new canes to play with.  I would like to try mixing things up with different sizes.  We've only tried a couple and I would like to expand our horizons in that area. 

I found this great picture at American Spanking Society, I am not sure who the credit belongs to, but I just love it.  The marks are so clear and beautiful.  You can almost feel each stroke just looking at it.  Caning is an art form when done by a knowledgeable and talented top.  I am lucky Simon is both! 

2 comments:

  1. I have not been caned. I have to admit, I'm a little afraid of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee Rose, a lot of people are afraid. I never expected to like it this much. I will say the closest I have ever gotten to true subspace was with a cane. But then the endorphins kicked in and I got the giggles. Sometimes during a spanking I start to think about what we are doing and it becomes really really funny to me that I am a grown woman getting my ass beat just because I like it. Poor Simon. Canes are not for everyone but you never know until you try. And nothing feels quite like a cane welt. I go around touching them for hours and randomly make Simon look at them and feel them lol. I'm such a spanko.

      Delete