Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's in a Name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
-William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet

As I create this blog I find that I am stuck trying to decide what to call my boyfriend on my blog.  It's probably not a great idea to use his real name.  You just never know with this thing we do how it could come back and bite you on the backside.   (Not in the good way either.)

So, I asked him what he would like to be called and he was no help.  He suggested assorted names featuring words like "master" and "studly." Or not.  Love you, but no.  Then we went through a list of goofy nicknames that conjure up images of strength and dominance... like "Snuggles."  He wasn't going for that.  I can't see why not, it's a great name.  Next came random names from TV characters.  Fonzie?  Also no.  

What to do, what to do? And then Google came to my rescue.  Google knows all.  I searched my online name and found that Jeanette is the nerdy, clumsy, shy girlfriend of Simon from Alvin and the Chipmunks.  It was an ironically accurate description of me and a no-brainer.  I have decided to call him Simon.  



It's a slow news day at our house.  Simon made dinner while I was at work and it was delicious.  He does not cook and was pretty skeptical when I asked him to make the crockpot salsa chicken, but I told him exactly how to make it and it turned out perfect.  I think he has potential to become the chief cook and bottle washer around here.  Ha.  In my dreams.  

I feel like it took me a ridiculously long time to write so little tonight.  I am so glad the week is half over and I am ready for Friday and vacation!  I will try to have wonderful spanking adventures to share very soon. :)

~Jeanette

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm still referring to my husband as "my husband". how's that for original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't want to keep saying "my boyfriend" all the time. It made me feel kind of 15. LOL

      Delete
  2. Hah, I love it! And of course, he's just as nervous, shy, and neurotic as Simon ;) Yum, crockpot salsa chicken sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought about how well it describes him, but you are right. He did go through that phase for a year or two!

      Delete
  3. I always liked Simon best, but didn't know he had a girlfriend. Good choice!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I always wanted to smack Alvin. Simon was definitely the best one.

      Delete